Monday, February 8, 2010

Creating Your Own Comic Book Superheroes

Today lets create a comic book superhero. Creating comic book superheroes is not as simple as it may seem, it takes a lot of thought. You have to think of a name for your hero, what powers your hero will have, what his costume will look like and what your hero will look like as a civilian.

I’m going to start with the powers my superhero will have. He will be able to shot flames from his hands, create and throw fireballs and he will be able to fly using currents of heat waves that come from his body.

Now that I know what powers my hero will have I can come up with a name for him and I will name him Fire Bug. He will be a young man in his early twenties with black hair in his civilian life, but he will have flaming hair when he’s Fire Bug. Now lets design his costume.

This is going to be a very basic drawing just to see what the costume will look like. First I’ll start with basic shapes for the body front, back and side view using a simple pose.


Fire Bug won’t be wearing a mask so I can put in the facial features, the flaming hair and put in some muscle tone.


Now I can put in the costume design.


I’ll add some color with color pencils and I’m done.


If you would like to see more detail of how to do this check out my How To Make Your Own Superhero video and then go create your own comic book superhero and see how much it can be.

Be sure to check out my posts on creating female superheroes and creating a super villain.

Here is a great book on creating superheroes and villains.



If you like this post bookmark it at your favorite social bookmarking site.



Bookmark and Share



Check out my comic book characters art videos.

My Hugh Jackman Wolverine Drawing

My Martian Manhunter Painting

My Three Jokers Painting

Painting The Scarlet Witch

No comments: